Back To Robotics - A Long Awaited Update

There has been next to no progress on my robot; this has been due to buying a house and realizing I would need to do a lot of work on it. That aside; I now have a work bench coming together and the time and money freeing up to get back to it (yay!).

There is some news; there is now a local Maker Space getting started up. This may provide tools, resources and people to work with. I am very excited since I live nearby (about a mile away); though there is no way I could currently afford the membership fee. We will see; as I plan to stop by one of their open houses.

More exciting; I have purchased a part. I saw the part come up on my reader feed and realized it was cheap and would go quickly. I refer to the 1.8 inch 18 bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout released by adafruit. At only $25.00 I knew they would be gone in an instant so I just went ahead and purchased one! My goal for this is to use it for output from the robot; debugging output in the short term and more interesting output in the long term. I'm not sure what to do with the SD card slot; but it is great to have it.

So; when I make progress on my robot, including adding the TFT as output in regards to what the robot is doing; then I will post with haste here! I do have a new idea for the line following so that it isn't so jerky, and I'm excited to try and implement it. For now; here are some pics of the screen as it arrived.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resuming My Robot Work With Bonus 3D Printer Project

Create a "GG Button" With an IOT Button on Discord

Fixing a dead Sansa MP3 player (Versions e200 e260 e280)